Saturday, November 23, 2013

30 Day No Yelling Challengs: Going strong on day 3

Well I have made it to day three!  Day one was a challenge from the get go, but it didn't end there!  That night when my husband got home he decided THAT was the night we needed to go through the checkbook and bill calendar..... YES I am serious!  I hadn't told him about my no yelling challenge yet (and honestly still haven't) but I can tell you this much, he KNEW something was different.
See, I'm not a detail oriented person and he feels like there should be dates in the checkbook register.... you see the impasse there?  Yeah ridiculous right!! Anyway..... in times past I would get frustrated that he didn't understand that I simply don't think to put things like dates and check numbers in the checkbook, or that he had the unmitigated gall to ask me what I bought at Walmart for $43.75 a week and a half ago and I would begin to feel the heat rise up in my chest and before it was over with I was yelling at him that he should be happy I had the wherewithal to even put the amount of the purchase in there and not ask for more (men, never satisfied right?) and I was positive that the $43.75 at Walmart was a family essential even if I couldn't remember what I purchased and don't even start with me about the positive attributes of keeping up with receipts.  Then he would simply look at me with that grin he gives me and shake his head (yeah he is eerily calm in a storm... it's kinda creepy) which would make me that much more mad and it was ON then!
BUT THIS TIME I simply  took a deep breath, answered his questions (unnecessary as they may have been) and twice I said "I just need to take a minute" to which he answered "What are you talking about, what is wrong with you?"  Or I would simply close my eyes and begin to pray, "Lord I want to yell, help help help help"  to which he would say "What in the world are you doing?" At that point I couldn't do anything but laugh!  I was AWESOME!!!  No yelling, NONE!!!!!
Day two was pretty non eventful, I went to a friend's house who is the house mom at a maternity home for young girls (yep those still exist!  And her's is the BEST!) and hung out with them most of the day so there was nothing much to yell about there.  My husband had to work late so no more budget meeting was in place.  Day two done!
So here are my thoughts, God gave me a hard day on day one to prove to me that I could make it!  With HIS help, I can do anything!
Now to tackle the weekend, let's do this thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment